The museum shows the history and culture of this region of Tirol.
The fully preserved fortress to defend the southern border of Tyrol was built around 1840 and is open to the public.
The castle was built at the beginning of the 14th century and first mentioned in 1325. On the upper floors there is a museum.
The museum displays furniture, sculptures, paintings, from medieval sacred art to the development of alpine landscape painting, famous sculptors, contemporary art and photography.