2 April 2019
The village of Allschwil was mentioned for the first time in a document in 1033. The name of the town was Almswilre. The town belonged to the Duchy of Alsace. The prince-bishop of Basel became the new Lord in the eleventh century.
Allschwil signed a defensive treaty (Schirmvogtei) with the city of Basel in 1525 but remained part of the prince-bishopric of Basel.
Although the Eidgenossenschaft (with the exception of Graubündnen, Graubündner Wirren 1618-1639), was not a battlefield in the Thirty Years’ War (1618-1648), Allschwil was plundered by Swedish troops in 1634.
The villages was in 1792 assigned by revolutionaryFrance to the short-lived Rauracien Republic, from 1793 to the departement Mont-Terrible and from 1800-1813 to the departement Haut-Rhin.
Allschwil (and the entire Birseck) was assigned to the canton of Basel in 1815. The village is part of the canton Basel-Landschaft since 1833.