Auvernier, House built by Abraham Fouchet, c. 1615. Photo/Bild: TES.

The Grandeur of Auvernier

The urban villa in Auvernier (canton of Neuchâtel) was built in the first half of the seventeenth century. The French family d’Orléans-Longueville (1504-1706) ruled the county of Neuchâtel.

Karl von Bonstetten bought the building in 1630, followed by the Châtenay familly. The seventeenth century was the Golden Age of this village (commune of Milvignes).