The Romanesque Church St. Sulpice
7 May 2020
The Romanesque church, built by the Abbey of Cluny in the 11th and 12th centuries, was initially dedicated to Saint Sulpice and gave its name to the village.
The church became Protestant after the occupation of Vaud (le Pays de Vaud) by Bern in 1536 and became the property of the town of Lausanne.
The priory disappeared after 1536 or was given another purpose. The nave collapsed after the Reformation and was not rebuilt. The church is a national monument.