The Church Tower of Champéry
11 February 2021
The first stone church in Champéry dates from 1725. It replaced the chapel dedicated to Saint Theodule,, since 1219 the patron saint of the diocese of Sion (Sitten).
The church was renovated in 1857 and 1898 but demolished in 1966 and rebuilt twenty metres further.
However, the baroque church tower (1725) still exists and is a monument nowadays.