Belvedere Castle Maloja
26 July 2021
The Belvedere Castle (Schloss Belvedere) was built by the Belgian Count de Renesse in 1884. After his bankruptcy, it was abandoned. Giovanni Segantini proposed to rent it in 1898.
After his death in 1899, the castle became a hotel called “Nuovo Albergo Castello” and then the institute for boys and girls (Hochalpines Knaben- und Mädchen-Institut) “Kasteel Belvedere”. Today, the castle is home to the Pro Natura Foundation.