In 1851 Carl Franz Bally (1821-1899) founded the company Bally in Schönenwerd. Around 1900 the company became the largest shoe factory in the world. About 3 500 employees produced about 7 000 pairs of shoes a day. The exhibition (Bally Monsieur – der Herrenschuh seit 1851) shows what the men’s shoe looked like at that time and examines the development of the men’s shoe from 1851 to the present day. The exclusive Bally store on New Bond Street in London illustrated its success. The name Bally stood for luxury, dandy and success and this name still has worldwide cult status, although the family handed the company over in 1976. Today Bally is owned by a German company.