The Segantini Museum in St. Moritz houses the most complete and important collection of works by Giovanni Segantini (1858-1899). The building was developed by the architect Nicolaus Hartmann (1880-1956) in 1908 and enlarged in 1999. The museum is also an institution dedicated to educating about and exploring his works, their impact and position in the history of art and culture. The museum was closed in 2019 due to a new renovation and modernization but is open to the public again. The famous Tryptych of the alpine landscape originally meant to become a panorama of around 100 meters, is also back from its temporary location in the museum of art in Lugano (Museo d’arte della Svizerra italiana).