The Vecchio Monastero Poschiavo
11 August 2020
The monastery of nuns of the Order of Ursuliner was built in 1629. A significant extension and renovation took place in 1654. The monastery later changed to the Order of Augustiner.
A new monastery replaced the complex in 1972. The (female) monastic community left the old monastery, which is now called Vecchio Monastero.
The monastery is a centre for reflection, ecumenism, spirituality and culture nowadays. (More information: www.vecchio-monastero.ch).