Seeburg Castle Kreuzlingen
9 September 2021
The Seeburg Castle was built in 1598. Swedish troops set it on fire in 1633 in the Thirty Years War. The Kreuzlingen monastery rebuilt the castle before it passed to the canton of Thurgau after the abolition of the monastery in 1848.
In 1870 the castle was rebuilt to its present appearance. Since 1958 the castle has been owned by the city of Kreuzlingen and has undergone extensive renovation.
The level of lake level lowered in the 1960s. Until then, the Seeburg stood directly on the shore of Lake Constance.
The castle in the magnificent Seepark houses a restaurant and rooms for events, meetings, parties and seminars today.