On 9 March 1820, the Geneva Academic Museum was inaugurated. The museum is the predecessor of the current natural history museum (Musée d’histoire naturelle) in Malagnou.
The Museum of the History of Science (Musée d’histoire des sciences) was opened in 1964. The museum is housed in the Villa Batholdi in the Parc de la Perle du Lac.
The two museums merged a few years ago under the name Muséum Genève, while remaining in the same buildings.
The natural history museum has selected 200 objects from its immense collections to celebrate the bicentenary.