20 June 2019
The castle was built in the 12th century. The castle was the seat of the lords of Valangin until 1592. The d’Orléans-Longueville family was the new owner.
The canton of Neuchâtel is the owner since 1894.
The Société d’histoire et d’archéologie du canton de Neuchâtel (SHAN) and the historic Musée de Valangin are housed in the castle (More information: http://chateau-de-valangin.ch).