The Romanesque Church of Riehen
16 February 2020
The Romanesque village church of St. Martin in Riehen was built in the 11th century and belonged to the monastery of Wettingen (present-day canton Aargau).
The church was extended in the 14th century. Riehen adopted the Evangelical faith in 1528. The tower was made higher in 1612.
The church was extended to the present size in 1694 and converted into a Protestant sermon hall with a new ceiling. The church is a protected monument.