12 April 2019
Napoleon assigned Tarasp to the canton of Grisons in 1803 in the Act of Mediation (Mediationsakte). The had been an enclave of the Habsburgs for centuries. Tarasp is a community with a majority of Catholic inhabitants.
The mineral springs Luzius, Emerita, Bonifazius, and Carola generated the prosperity after 1860. Large spa hotels (Kurhaus Tarasp, Schweizerhof and Walhaus Hotel (burnt down in 1989) were built between 1875 and 1910.
The National Park, a hiking and skiing area, a golf resort and the Museum (Kunsthalle) Nairs are the new destinations in this monumental village. (Source and further information: www.tarasp.ch).