Small Village, Great Monuments
14 November 2020
Ins (Anet, canton of Bern) is the village of the (birth) house, studio and museum of the painter Albert-Anker (1831-1910).
The medieval village was an important regional centre with more inhabitants than the town of Erlach (Cerlier in French).
Erlach was the seat of the governors (Landvogt) of Bern after the conquest by Bern in 1474. Ins became the seat of the court of justice (Landgericht).
The castle (Schlössli) Ins and the size of the square also refer to the importance of the village.
The medieval church is evangelical since 1525. The baptismal font is seven hundred-year-old. The church was first mentioned in a document in 1228.