27 August 2019
The village of Romainmôtier (canton of Vaud) is an exceptional heritage.
The first church was built in the fifth or sixth century. The Romanesque church was built between 996 and 1028. The village was part of the Kingdom of Burgundy (888-1032). The church was donated to the abbey of Cluny in this period.
The Prior’s house is a 13th-century building. The halls and the large fireplaces and the tower create a beautiful medieval setting.
(Source and more information: www.romainmotier.ch).