The Church of Noville
Religious or secular buildings of monumental significance are found in the most remote places of the country, even if the authentic building has been destroyed by the fate of history. It happened to the Romanesque church of Noville (canton Valais) close to the French border and St. Gingolph. The abbey of St. Maurice first mentioned this church in 1177 as the property of the hospice of the Great St. Bernard in the diocese of Sion (Sitten). The church became Protestant in 1528. The church was destroyed in 1897 and rebuilt in 1899, as much as possible in the (neo) Romanesque style and with windows by Eduard Hosch (1843-1908).