Von Rütte Estate
19 June 2021
In 1870, the architect Friedrich Ludwig von Rütte (1829-1903) bought the former 15th-century estate of a Bernese patrician family and converted it into a stately holiday home.
As a result of the lowering of Lake Biel following the correction of the Jura waters (1868-1891), the estate gained additional land.
On this new land, he created a park based on the English Garden, to which he added a Chinese pavilion.
The estate near the village of Sutz-Lattrigen (canton of Bern) is owned by a foundation nowdays.
(Source and further information: www.vonruettegut.ch).