Grandeur of a Small Village
14 June 2020
The urban villa in Auvernier (canton of Neuchâtel) was built in the first half of the seventeenth century. The French family d’Orléans-Longueville (1504-1706) ruled the county of Neuchâtel.
Karl von Bonstetten bought the building in 1630, followed by the Châtenay familly. The seventeenth century was the Golden Age of this village (nowadays municipality of Milvignes).
The Grand Rue and the castle (1603) bears witness to the grandeur.