Chüechlihus in Langnau im Emmental
The museum is located in Chüechlihus, one of the oldest buildings in the the Emmental. The building dates from 1526 and housed a coffee house where until 1956 Chüechli (pastry) was served. Langnau is the centre of the upper Emmental. The village has an amazing abundance of beautiful houses with beautiful details. The museum in Chüechlihus consists of 25 rooms with permanent exhibitions on the history, trade, ceramics of Langnau, daily life and crafts of the Emmental and presents thus has one of the largest and most important collections of local history in Switzerland.