Abbey Church of Schaffhausen
10 January 2019
The abbey church of Schaffhausen, a three-aisled basilica, is a Romanesque church.
The abbey church was part of the buildings of the Benedictine abbey of All Saints (Aller Heiligen), founded by the Swabian count Eberhard III of Nellenburg (1015-1078).
The monastery was completed in 1064. The reconstruction in the 12th century was based on the reform movement of Hirsau.
The abbey was dissolved and transformed into a parish church in 1524.
(Source: K. Bänteli, A. Uehlinger, Abtei Schaffhausen, Schaffhausen 2005).